Thursday, June 4, 2020

2020 is half over

I've seriously slacked on my reading goal for 2020.  I started this one back in February I think.  And I just finished it a week ago.  One of the girls had some minor sugery done, so I had time at the hospital to wait.  It's nearly impossible to use the internet or data inside the hospital.  The only other thing was to finish this book.  Since everyone is still on edge with the coronavirus, masks are mandatory.  (unless you work at the hospital of course.  A lot of employees didn't have masks on.  But I had to?)  I'm done and over this virus bit.  I just put it on when a nurse was in our little cubical.  




I see my chives and all I can think is "We are here!  We are here!"  
You must have seen Horton Hears A Who to know.  

2020 is half over.  So far we've been "attacked" by the coronavirus, murder hornets somewhere, locusts somewhere else, riots all over the states, people hoarding toilet paper, and food shortages.  The prices of meat are going up very quickly.  TP and paper products are showing back up in the stores.  Limit of one per purchase.  We never ran out of anything.  We were prepared before it was cool to stock up on tp.  Kids across the States and quite possibly the world lost the last part of their school year.  The seniors didn't get their graduations.  Pools are not open this summer.  Kids can go to camp if they wear a face mask all day long.  The list is endless of things that are frustrating about this year.  But now that it's half over, we look back at what's happened and look forward to how much more we can take.  


No comments:

Post a Comment